It was February of 1863. The United States was embroiled in the Civil War and the Battle of Gettysburg was still months away. Fourteen German Lutheran men, who had moved with their families to Danville, met at the Vermilion County Courthouse to sign the original constitution of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Now, over 150 years later, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church continues to be a place where sinners gather in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ to hear His Word and receive His sacraments. Still today, the Holy Spirit is at work through the means of grace doing what only He can do—creating and strengthening faith in Jesus, increasing love for the neighbor, and instilling a genuine concern for the lost.
With the exception of its first year of existence, Trinity Lutheran Church has provided a Lutheran Day School—Trinity Lutheran School. Throughout its history, the school has been the workshop of the Holy Spirit keeping the children of our congregation with Jesus Christ in the one true faith and calling unchurched children from our community to faith in the Savior.
We invite you to come and worship, learn, and serve alongside us. Mindful of God’s blessing throughout our congregation’s past, we are confident of His blessing as we face the future.
Copyright © 2020 Trinity Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.